[A-List] Explanation needed

Todd Boyle toddfboyle at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 22:56:20 MST 2010

The scenarios where the Internet stops might include breakdown
in civil society, or fascist coup, or war, etc.etc. But could also simply
take the form of Comcast, telcos and a few others) just changing the
technology.  The thing already operates on layer 2 or other things
besides TCP-IP anyway, especially the rapidly increasing wireless
links.  What I see is, "the industry" improves the Internet by upgrading
it out of any resemblance to net neutrality, making it much more like
the telephone network and the cable TV network-- Proprietary,
unusable for anything except *exactly* defined things.   I think they
are playing with us.  Giving us lots of rope. They already control the thing.

Todd