[A-List] The Web of Debt

Bill Totten shimogamo at ashisuto.co.jp
Sun Mar 15 20:55:37 MDT 2009

The Shocking Truth About Our Money System And How We Can Break Free

by Ellen Hodgson Brown, JD

Exploding the Myths about Money

Our money system is not what we have been led to believe. The creation
of money has been "privatized", or taken over by a private money cartel.
Except for coins, all of our money is now created as loans advanced by
private banking institutions - including the private Federal Reserve.
Banks create the principal but not the interest to service their loans.
To find the interest, new loans must continually be taken out, expanding
the money supply, inflating prices - and robbing you of the value of
your money.

Not only is virtually the entire money supply created privately by
banks, but a mere handful of very big banks is responsible for a massive
investment scheme known as "derivatives", which now tallies in at
hundreds of trillions of dollars. The banking system has been contrived
so that these big banks always get bailed out by the taxpayers from
their risky ventures, but the scheme has reached its mathematical
limits. There isn't enough money in the entire global economy to bail
out the banks from a massive derivatives default today. When the
investors realize that the "insurance" against catastrophe that they
have purchased in the form of derivatives is worthless, they are liable
to jump ship and bring the whole shaky edifice crashing down.

Web of Debt unravels the deceptions in our money scheme and presents a
crystal clear picture of the financial abyss towards which we are
heading. Then it explores a workable alternative, one that was tested in
colonial America and is grounded in the best of American economic
thought, including the writings of Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson
and Abraham Lincoln. If you care about financial security, your own or
the nation's, you should read this book.

Captured by the Debt Spider

President Andrew Jackson called the banking cartel a "hydra-headed
monster eating the flesh of the common man". New York Mayor John Hylan,
writing in the 1920s, called it a "giant octopus" that "seizes in its
long and powerful tentacles our executive officers, our legislative
bodies, our schools, our courts, our newspapers, and every agency
created for the public protection". The debt spider has devoured farms,
homes and whole countries that have become trapped in its web. In a
February 2005 article called "The Death of Banking", financial