[A-List] Bernard Madoff

Leighm the.buffalo.in.the.midst at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:58:54 MDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi
<critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the entire US economy had been operating like a Ponzi scheme.  The
> Madoff affair mainly serves to obscure the bigger Ponzi scheme.
> Yoshie

Go on...say it Yoshie... Governments have historically been either a
pyramid scheme/ponzi... my favorite The Murphy
<http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861693939/murphy_game.html>,  just
a plain old a mobster mugging/scam without even the pleasure of Miss
Murphy's company prior to the mugging, or based entirely on
mythological bunkum.

Everyone needs to get together with a tub of popcorn and view Oceans
11 (The ratpack version, not the bratpack) with The Sting,
back-to-back double feature.

[Considering that the state of Nevada deemed it necessary to arrest
him twice (he's 68/9 years old) in two years for marijuana possession,
Travus has a vested, and sardonically cynical opinion on Madoff' plead
out]

[March 12 2009] Travus T. Hipp Morning News & Commentary: Bernie
Madoff’s Non-Violent Crime - Suggestions On Locking Up Old Men For The
Rest Of Their Lives

My site: http://leighm.net/wp/2009/03/12/tth_090312/
ArchiveDOTorg: http://www.archive.org/details/tth_090312

In... other... "News" that day:

The president will meet with the Chinese prime minister today, and the
discussion will most likely turn to the South China Sea ‘Economic
Zone’ and the recent confrontation between the US and Chinese navy.

Abu Muqawama’s blog has more umn… commentary:

    Tuesday, March 10, 2009

    If anyone was looking for a definition of “unconventional warfare”…

    The U.S. Navy is defenseless against semi-naked, trash-talking Chinese:

        Maritime experts were given a rare glimpse of the underlying
capabilities of the Chinese navy on Sunday, when crewmen involved in a
stand-off with a US surveillance ship in the South China Sea revealed
the fleet’s previously hidden firepower.

        The exposure came as the American vessel USNS Impeccable was
attempting to defend itself against what the Pentagon claimed was
co-ordinated harassment and aggression from five Chinese ships. Being
unarmed, the Impeccable turned its fire water hoses against two of the
Chinese vessels that had come within 50 feet in a threatening posture.

    Then, the Pentagon records in the admirably restrained language of
international diplomacy, “the Chinese crew members disrobed to their
underwear and continued closing to within 25 feet.”