[A-List] Presto Change-o

Leighm the.buffalo.in.the.midst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:50:32 MST 2008

[November 12 2008] Travus T. Hipp Morning News & Commentary:
Post-Disaster Capitalism - I Took Economics In The Eleventh Grade And
Learned A Few Things Like ‘When Things Go Sour, People Go Shopping’…
It’s Time We Re-Learned That Economic Lesson

My site: http://leighm.net/wp/2008/11/12/tth_081112/

Archive DOT org: http://www.archive.org/details/tth_081112

In "Other" News:

…and just in case you thought the ‘brains of the outfit’… the ones who
helped create this mess, know what they’re doing (Some say “They DO!”):

US drops plans to purchase toxic mortgage assets
12/11/2008 16h15

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US authorities are scrapping plans to buy up toxic
mortgages securities and shifting the focus of a massive financial
rescue plan, Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said Wednesday..
.
.
.
.
The program approved by Congress was initially aimed at buying up
so-called toxic mortgage securities that were clogging the financial
system, but analysts had warned that such a plan could prove difficult
to implement with prices hard to fix.

In the meantime, US officials had moved to emulate plans in Britain and
elsewhere to tackle the credit squeeze by investing directly in banks.

In Full, AFP via Google

Meanwhile… Despotism rears it’s ugly head in the form of ‘Hot Rides’ for
US Police Departments… Will the sales of police cruisers save the US
auto industry?

Quote: “It’s really a homeland security machine, not a cop car,“

SAN DIEGO, Nov. 12 (UPI) ― A new technologically advanced police cruiser
was unveiled to hundreds of U.S. police chiefs at a recent San Diego
convention, experts say.

Carbon Motors Chief Executive Officer William Li said his company’s
Carbon E7 police cruiser was designed to enhance law enforcement efforts
with automatic license-plate scanners and other advanced equipment…
.
.
.
The vehicle is equipped with sensors that can detect weaponry, a
biodiesel engine and a drive-train that improves the cruiser’s mileage.
While its per unit cost wasn’t reported, the company has touted the
vehicle’s available 300-horsepower. [In Full @ UPI]