[A-List] Nongovernmental organizations with financing from the West

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 23 18:44:56 MST 2006

Don't forget all the NGOs in Africa and the civil society movement.
In a continent ravished by two centuries of Western imperialism and
colonialism, exploiting tribal difference as a weapon of divide and
rule. After been kicked out after WWII, the imperialists left
"independent nations" with borders that reflected intra-imperialist
rivalry with hostile ethnic group.  There they stared "nation building"
to create functioning states that is safe for democracy, meaning ripe
for neo-imperialism.  A few strongmen who refused to go along were
immediately label ruthless dictators and opposed by NGOs funded by
imperialist foundations.

For information on the Center for Civil Society, go to:
http://www.ukzn.ac.za/ccs/default.asp?10,24,8,55

Henry C.K. Liu

PS: I was shocked to see the Bond is white, all this time I had the
wrong impression that he was black. For a white South African to talk
about Chinese brutality in Africa is truly amazing.