[A-List] Rep Ron Paul (R-TX) Speech: The End of Dollar Hegemony

Anne Williamson annewilliamson at msn.com
Sun Feb 19 13:43:57 MST 2006

Michael,

Another precursor to the story of dollar hegemony is Jacque Rueff's "deficit
without tears," as he called it (the US's ability to export it's Fed-created
inflation abroad).  Rueff, as you know, was DeGaulle's Finance Minister, and
it was France's demand for gold over dollars in the late 60s-early 70s that
led to the crowd that forced Nixon's hand on the gold issue.  It just
occured to me that all that was going on at the same time you were working
on Super Imperialism (1972).  Of course, once the gold window slammed shut,
the ensuing 35 years of Fed shenanigans have led us to the more complex
monster Henry described quite well in his previous post with which we must
contend today.  BTW, it was one of Elizabeth Currier's many coups that she
had Rueff address one of the first meetings of the CMRE - wish I'd been
there!

Anne

PS  Did you notice the huge decline in T-bill sales to foreigners at the
December auction?  Quite a drop from November's numbers.  I've looked for so
many times for 'omens' that this madness is coming to an end, and been wrong
- but - once again - I believe we are near the endgame.