[A-List] sixteen-tons---tennessee-ernie-ford-14930 I owe my soul to the company store

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Feb 14 09:53:19 MST 2006

SONG LYRICS
 Classic Country Lyrics,
 Classic Country Song Lyrics

[ More Classic Country Lyrics  |  More Classic Country Song Lyrics ]
Looking for Classic Country Chords/Tabs? Please, browse alphabet (above).

Artist/Band: Classic Country
Lyrics for Song: Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford
Lyrics for Album: Classic Country: 1950-1964

Some people say a man is made outta mud
A poor man's made outta muscle and blood
Muscle and blood and skin and bones
A mind that's a-weak and a back that's strong

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine
I loaded sixteen tons of number nine coal
And the straw boss said "Well, a-bless my soul"

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I was born one mornin', it was drizzlin' rain
Fightin' and trouble are my middle name
I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
Cain't no-a high-toned woman make me walk the line

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

If you see me comin', better step aside
A lotta men didn't, a lotta men died
One fist of iron, the other of steel
If the right one don't a-get you
Then the left one will

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

Album Lyrics: Classic Country: 1950-1964 [0]
   Buy Classic Country: 1950-1964 CD
Classic Country
"Classic Country: 1950-1964"
Buy Classic Country: 1950-1964 CD

1.	Classic Country - Walkin' After Midnight - Patsy Cline
2.	Classic Country - My Special Angel - Bobby Helms
3.	Classic Country - Three Bells
4.	Classic Country - It's Only Make Believe - Conway Twitty
5.	Classic Country - Young Love - Sonny James
6.	Classic Country - I Can't Stop Loving You - Don Gibson
7.	Classic Country - Battle of New Orleans - Johnny Horton
8.	Classic Country - Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford
9.	Classic Country - I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
10.	Classic Country - You Win Again - Jerry Lee Lewis
11.	Classic Country - Crazy Arms - Ray Price
12.	Classic Country - Hey, Good Lookin' - Hank Williams
13.	Classic Country - I'm Movin' On - Hank Snow
14.	Classic Country - Singing the Blues - Marty Robbins
15.	Classic Country - Don't Be Cruel - Elvis Presley
16.	Classic Country - White Lightning - George Jones
17.	Classic Country - There Stands the Glass - Webb Pierce
18.	Classic Country - Your Cheatin' Heart - Hank Williams
19.	Classic Country - Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley
20.	Classic Country - Bye Bye Love - The Everly Brothers
21.	Classic Country - Oh, Lonesome Me - Don Gibson
22.	Classic Country - Waterloo - Stonewall Jackson
23.	Classic Country - Heartaches by the Number - Ray Price
24.	Classic Country - It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels - Kitty
Wells
25.	Classic Country - White Sport Coat - Marty Robbins
26.	Classic Country - Tennessee Waltz - Patti Page
27.	Classic Country - Cattle Call - Eddy Arnold
28.	Classic Country - Gone - Ferlin Husky
29.	Classic Country - Four Walls - Jim Reeves
30.	Classic Country - Send Me the Pillow You Dream On - Hank Locklin
31.	Classic Country - Race Is On - George Jones
32.	Classic Country - Please Help Me, I'm Falling - Hank Locklin
33.	Classic Country - Dang Me - Roger Miller
34.	Classic Country - Last Date - Floyd Cramer

35.	Classic Country - Wings of a Dove - Ferlin Husky
36.	Classic Country - Crazy - Patsy Cline
37.	Classic Country - I'm Sorry - Brenda Lee
38.	Classic Country - North to Alaska - Johnny Horton
39.	Classic Country - He'll Have to Go - Jim Reeves
40.	Classic Country - Still

41.	Classic Country - From a Jack to a King - Ned Miller
42.	Classic Country - Walk on By - Leroy Van Dyke
43.	Classic Country - Understand Your Man - Johnny Cash
44.	Classic Country - Saginaw, Michigan - Lefty Frizzell
45.	Classic Country - Wolverton Mountain - Carole King

46.	Classic Country - I Fall to Pieces - Patsy Cline
47.	Classic Country - Hello Walls - Faron Young
48.	Classic Country - Welcome to My World - Jim Reeves
49.	Classic Country - Sea of Heartbreak - Don Gibson
50.	Classic Country - Abilene - George Hamilton IV
51.	Classic Country - Detroit City - Bobby Bare
52.	Classic Country - Six Days on the Road - Dave Dudley
53.	Classic Country - My Heart Skips a Beat - Buck Owens
54.	Classic Country - She Thinks I Still Care - George Jones
55.	Classic Country - Three Hearts in a Tangle - Roy Drusky
56.	Classic Country - End of the World - Skeeter Davis
57.	Classic Country - Once a Day
58.	Classic Country - Don't Let Me Cross Over - Carl Butler

59.	Classic Country - Paso - Marty Robbins
60.	Classic Country - Let It Be Me - The Everly Brothers

Please, support Classic Country
Buy: Classic Country Sheet Music
<http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/a/azbrowse.html?id=68820&artist=Classic
Country>  | Classic Country CD
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search/103-7184989-1727801?mode=
music&keyword=Classic Country&tag=cowboylyrics.com-20>  | Classic Country
Posters <http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=443054&search=Classic
Country>
[ More Classic Country Song Lyrics  |  More Classic Country Lyrics ]

C200 cowboylyrics.com
	 All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. All lyrics
provided for educational purposes only.