[A-List] A Rare Voice of Reason

Sabri Oncu soncu at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 7 17:52:52 MST 2006

Chris:

> I agree with Henry. These were not "silly" cartoons. They
> were deliberately provocative and insulting. I have yet to
> see a western newspaper making fun of Jesus as a supporter
> of the state terrorism carried out by the overtly Christian
> regime in the US.

I agree with all, that is, Henry, Chris and Jurriaan.

If among the four of us we all are able to see this deliberate provocation
(how is it that something that happened months ago suddenly became such a
big deal so recently?), why is it that those who are responding to it as
expected do not realize that they are helping the provocateurs? Do they not
realize that they are helping the US to mend the bridge that was about to
collapse between the US and Europe? Do they not realize that they are
helping Huntington in his claim of the coming clash of civilizations?

If they don't, why are they not able to realize what they are doing?

If they do, why are they doing what they are doing?

These are my questions.

Best,

Sabri