[A-List] George, God Here...

Craven, Jim JCraven at clark.edu
Fri Oct 22 15:08:20 MDT 2004

George, God here ...

President Bush has words with the Almighty

Terry Jones
Friday October 22, 2004

"George?"
"Yes?"
"This is God here ..."
"Hi, God. What can I do for you?"
"I want you to stop this Iraq thing, George."
"But you told me to do it, God!"
"No I didn't, George ..."
"But you did! You spoke to me through Karl, Rumsey and Dick and all
those other really clever guys!"
"How did you know it was me talking, George?"
"Instinct, God. I just knew it!"
"Do you really think I'd want you to unleash all this horror and
bloodshed on another lot of human beings?"
"But they're Muslims! They don't believe in You, God!"
"But, George, they do believe in me. Jews, Christians and Moslems all
worship the same Me! Didn't you do comparative theology at school,
George?"
"No, of course not! You think I'm some sort of peace-waving dope-headed
liberal faggot-lover, God?"
"No, of course not, George, but I expect you to know something about the
people you're bombing."
"Oh, come on! I know it's right to bomb those oily rag-heads until
there's not one left to wipe a wrench on!"
"How do you know that, George?"
"Cause You tell me that's what I should do, God."
"George, I do not tell you to do that!"
"But I hear You, God! You speak to me! You tell me what to do! You tell
me what is Right and what is Wrong! That's why I don't need to listen to
any soft-baked, mealy-mouthed liberal Kerry-pickers!"
"George, you're deluding yourself."
"God! How can you say that? I got some of the most powerful people on
this planet down on their knees every day in the White House just
a-praying to You! Now are you gonna tell me You ain't listening? Because
if You ain't listening, God, that's Your problem - not mine!"
"George, of course I'm listening - it's you who is not listening to Me!"

"And I'll tell you why! 'Cause You ain't addressing me right."
"What d'you mean, you jumped-up little Ivy League draft-dodger?"
"If you're so 'omniscient', God, you oughta know that you gotta go
through Karl Rove, John Ashcroft, Rumsey and Dick ... those fellas know
what they're talking about! I can't listen to just any deity who can
pick up the phone!"
"But, I'm God, George!"
"Does Karl say you are?"
"But why do you believe Karl?"
"Because my gut tells me he's right!"
"Listen, you ignorant little pinch-eyed Billy Graham convert! Can't you
get it into your head that I'm God and I'm telling you to stop all this
'pre-emptive strike' nonsense! Stop destroying Iraq! Stop supporting
that monster Sharon! Stop picking a fight with the only other human
beings on the planet that believe in Me! You're leading the world into
unbelievable chaos and horror!"
"That's enough, God! That's just the sort of defeatist crap that I won't
allow in the White House! Get out of here!"
"I cannot believe I'm hearing this, George."
"Well you better start believing, God, because this is the new reality.
Don'tcha know that a recent Gallup poll shows that 42% of Americans
identify themselves as 'born again'? That cuts across Republicans and
Democrats, rich and poor, white and black! This is a real political
power base, God, and you'd better believe it!"
"Look, all I'm asking is for you to show a little compassion to your
fellow human beings!"
"I'm not going to debate this with you, God! You're beginning to sound
like you belong to the reality-based community!"
"What the hell does that mean?"
"Well by the 'reality-based community', we mean people who believe that
solutions emerge from their judicious study of discernible reality."
"Sounds fair enough..."
"But, as one of my advisors told Ron Suskind of the Wall Street Journal:
'The reality-based community is not the way the world really works any
more. We're an empire now and, when we act, we create our own reality.
And while you're studying that reality - judiciously, as you will -
we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too,
and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and
you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do'."
"You mean...you don't give a damn, George?"
"I mean You speak through me, God, not the other way round! Is that
clear?"
"Yes, Mr President."

James M. Craven
Blackfoot Name: Omahkohkiaayo-i'poyi
Professor/Consultant,Economics;Business Division Chair
Clark College, 1800 E. McLoughlin Blvd.
Vancouver, WA. USA 98663
Tel: (360) 992-2283; Fax: (360) 992-2863
http://www.aradicalblackfoot.blogspot.com
<http://www.aradicalblackfoot.blogspot.com/>
"Naturally, the common people don't want war ...
it is always a simple matter to drag the people
along...the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have
to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
exposing the country to danger. It works the same
in every country."
(Hermann Goering, No. 2 Nazi in "Third Reich")
Employer has no association with private/protected opinion
FREE LEONARD PELTIER!!