[A-List] Iraq - The Oil Currency War

WRC92 at aol.com WRC92 at aol.com
Fri Feb 7 11:09:32 MST 2003

Re Bush's desperation, I have some ideas on that with respect to OPEC.  The following link is to an essay that I wrote, it's a bit long but I would sincerely appreciate feedback on it. (fyi: This is my first post on the A-list!)

'The Real Reasons for the Upcoming War With Iraq: A Macroeconomic and Geostrategic Analysis of the Unspoken Truth'

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/RRiraqWar.html

Summary

Although completely suppressed in the U.S. media, the answer to the Iraq enigma is simple yet shocking -- it is an oil currency war. The real reason for this upcoming war is this administration's goal of preventing further Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) momentum towards the euro as an oil transaction currency standard. However, in order to pre-empt OPEC, they need to gain geo-strategic control of Iraq along with its 2nd largest proven oil reserves. This lengthy essay will discuss the macroeconomics of the `petro-dollar' and the unpublicized but real threat to U.S. economic hegemony from the euro as an alternative oil transaction currency.